Friday, February 28, 2014

AEE 526 Post 2

In my AEE 526 class, we have learned a lot of ways to integrate technology. We have also learned a lot about how to organize our online files. One concept I am applying to my professional life and personal life is organizing my files. We learned about how the computer better recognizes files with names that are all lower case with no spaces. I had been capitalizing my file names as well as putting in spaces. It is taking some time to fix this problem as well as organize my files by folders. I have lots of folders where I had already started doing this, but it could always been cleaned up a little more. This makes documents easier to find because they are all streamlined.

Another bit of technology that I have been using for years now, but had no idea how many applications I was missing out on, is Google. I have been using gmail for what seems like forever, but I had no idea about Google Forms or Google Labs. The Google Labs feature is something really cool. Google is "test-driving" all of these applications to see how well they work, if people like them, etc. It is a great way to keep up with Google features that may be added to the normal, every-day features of Google. I also like that Google has added this and not just thrown these applications out there without testing them first. This would cause glitches to be frequent and lots of people to complain.

I am enjoying my new blog, another one of Google's features - Blogger. For my job, I already had a blog - cravenjoneslivestock.blogspot.com - and have always enjoyed using it to update my clients and livestock producers about upcoming events, provide news articles, and brag on my youth livestock kids. I am learning with my personal blog, that it is great to have a professional blog separate than your personal blog. Until next time - happy blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment